Social Emotional Learning Skills
Social and emotional learning (SEL) is the process through which children and adults learn and then apply the knowledge, attitude and skills necessary to be socially adept.
Being socially adept requires someone to understand both their emotions and the emotion of others. They should be able to manage these emotions and demonstrate empathy. It also requires them to have a positive state of mind and make responsible decisions. The ability to create and maintain positive relationships is also key.
ConfidentLee® program develops SEL skills in students.
At ConfidentLee® we believe:
- Self-Awareness: A student should understand their emotions and be able to express themselves.
- Self-Management: Children need to make responsible decisions that require them to understand and manage their emotions
- Social Awareness: The child must have the ability to take the perspective of and empathize with others.
- Relationship Skills: They must know how to create, nurture and maintain positive relationships in their lives.
- Responsible decision-making: The child must be able to make appropriate choices.