Public Speaking Skills
- Acquiring the skills necessary to become an effective public speaker can contribute to a child’s future success, at school, a social gathering or at the workplace. Employers have consistently ranked public speaking and the ability to communicate as one of the top skills that they look for when hiring.
- The ConfidentLee® public speaking program teaches children both aspects of public speaking, writing and delivery of the speech. Each of them being equally important. Students learn to organize and deliver both impromptu speeches and prepared speeches, with ease, in front of their peers.
- Learning to organize their speech trains the children to take a topic and present their ideas in a logical manner using reliable evidence to support their position. Learning to deliver their speech using both verbal and non-verbal skills helps to make an impact.
- The children learn to speak with confidence, both in a small group or public setting. Our practical and hands-on activities help children develop organizational, leadership and critical thinking skills.
We offer curriculum for
Our Public Speaking Course is taught both as an after school program and as a camp.
Our highly effective methods teach children the expertise and skills for public speaking both in everyday situations and for oral presentations. In this course, the students are taught the following skills:
- Ability to synthesize information for speech writing
- Delivering a speech with poise
- Managing relationships with effective communication
- Critical thinking, problem solving and leadership skills
- Ability to listen actively
What we teach in Speech Writing
We teach the skills necessary to write various types of speeches. The children learn to build a speech by learning how to:
- Prep for outlining the speech
- Frame the introduction, body and conclusion
- Use transition words
- Manage use of allotted time
- Avoid reading the speech verbatim
Wide Selection of Public Speaking Program Offerings
- We offer a wide selection of proprietary Public Speaking programs that are cross-curricular to nurture the whole child.
- With ConfidentLee®, children can experience different program offerings every time they enroll.
- Each program offers different topics, exercises and games that keep the children engaged.
What we teach in Speech Delivery
Our methodology of speech delivery will help the students to connect to the audience by understanding and practicing the use of:
- Eye contact
- Appropriate gestures and expressions
- Tone, Inflection, Volume
- Clarity and speed
- Vocal Variety
How we teach Public Speaking
We believe that children learn best by combining instruction with practice.
Our methodology involves:
- Significant time writing and performing speeches
- Performing in a safe and encouraging environment
- Training provided by proficient Confidence Creators
- Providing constructive feedback and evaluation by Confidence Creators and peers
All students will receive a student workbook. They also receive a certificate of completion at the final presentation.
Outcome of the Public Speaking program
Public speaking is a lifelong skill. Talented and trained Confidence Creators teach in a small group setting. In this course students learn to:
- Speak with confidence and poise
- Think on their feet and present their thoughts
- Synthesize information in a clear and concise manner
- Become better listeners
- Engage with others to become better communicators
Note to Parents
This program supports the overall development of children’s academic and non-academic needs by teaching them crucial life skills:
- If your child is an extrovert, they will learn to write and deliver a speech with purpose, expression and passion.
- If your child is an introvert they will learn to overcome shyness, anxiety and nervousness using our proven strategies and methodology
- Children will feel more confident when delivering speeches and as a result become better listeners.
- Sessions will be videotaped to evaluate the student’s progress
- All sessions have a final presentation for families
Our highly effective methods and engaging curriculum includes relevant content and hands-on activities.